I've eaten a lot of wedding cake in my day. It's a perk of this job. I wouldn't call myself an expert but I'd say I'm a definite connoisseur. Don't get me wrong, the majority of cakes I have had were damn good. Some were even amaze-balls. But I am kind of in love with this new trend to do a non-traditional wedding cake. Weddings in general are becoming unique to reflect the personalities of the Bride and Groom. I love that! You are you so be you on your wedding day. And that includes doing what you want for your cake. Here are a few of my favorites that I've photographed over the years (in no particular order):
1. Cupcakes | They're like cakes but tiny. I love anything that doesn't require utensils.
2. Donuts | I feel like this is no surprise to you. It's no secret that I love donuts. I mean what is not to love? Cute and so many flavors!
3. Macaroons | I love having a one tier cake to still feed each other but then having another desert option. These macaroons were AMAZING! They were incredibly flavorful and the entire wedding party literally stood around the table and ate them all. So colorful and beautifully displayed!
4. Milk and Cookies | I feel like nothing seals a new love more than sharing some milk and cookies. Especially if you get to feed each other a giant cookie! I absolutely loved this idea nd it was so casual and fun.
5. Go Big or Go Home | Lord of the Rings Cake. BOOM. Okay so this was a grooms cake but it is still one of my favorite cakes of all time. Look at the detail on that thing! It was almost too beautiful to eat--almost.
If you like Runaway Alice Photography please:
Like and follow this blog
Follow me on Instagram @runawayalice
Like me on Facebook Runaway Alice Photography
Drop me a line! Book a session! Let's grab coffee!