Adventurous elopements are becoming all the rage and quite honestly they make my romantic heart skip a beat. Elopements aren't for everyone. Big weddings aren't for everyone. I truly love them all so I'm not here to tell you what to do. Sit down with your partner and start hashing out what is important for each of you and what gets you excited about your wedding day. If you're having hesitations about a big ceremony here are six reasons that elopement may be for you.
1. The Focus is the Two of You | For better or worse a bigger wedding event means more focus on others needs and desires. An elopement truly hones in on what the two of you want your day to look like from location to tiny (or no!) guest list. It's all about you baby.
2. Less People | This is a big one for many people. Whether you're introverted or just have too many friends to accommodate in your budget, who is attending can get stressful and out of control. If you're shy about people watching you say your vows and elopement may be the way to keep it to just the two of you or family and friends.
3. Less Planning | While every ceremony has an aspect of planning (dress, location, officiant, etc), less people means less planning. Which leads us to our next point...
4. Budget Control | Some people are worried about talking about the wedding budget but it's a fact of getting married. I like to call a "budget" a "spending plan" instead. So how do you want to spend on your wedding day? With a minimal guest list you can focus on things like an epic location, private dinner, and photographer at the top of your list instead of that money going to feeding a larger crowd of people.
5. Slower Pace | Elopements just have a difference pace to the day. Often everyone is staying in the same house, having breakfast, joking, laughing, getting ready together, and then heading out to celebrate this intimate occasion. There is more wiggle room in the timeline for fun photos and to try something new.
6. Elope & Honeymoon | So many couples forget that a honeymoon is part of the spending plan and have to put it off for a year or so in order to pay for it. Imagine having a destination elopement somewhere you already want to honeymoon to and save yourself the cost of another ticket! This option is a favorite of mine!
There is absolutely no right or wrong to what kind of wedding to have. The important thing is to encourage you to do what you feel is best for you and your partner. What gets you excited for this moment? What sets your heart on fire for your wedding day? If you're struggling with the magnitude of a larger wedding, elopement may be the best option for you.
If you like Runaway Alice Photography please:
Like and follow this blog
Follow me on Instagram @runawayalice
Like me on Facebook Runaway Alice Photography
Drop me a line! Book a session! Let's grab coffee!
Beth Bowman is an intimate wedding, destination, and elopement photographer with a heart for adventure based in Lexington, Virginia. She thrives on awkward, intimate, and authentic moments. Her mission is to document moments of love and light that they may encourage and inspire others during hard times--that love is the only true adventure. Her style is romantic, creative, and genuine. She believes in getting out in the rain, head back laughs, taking risks, and brave love stories.